Search This Blog

Spreading Fairy Gardens Around the World!

Welcome to How to Make a Fairy Garden! Whether you are a believer in faeries or simply want to learn how to make a fairy garden for your kids, you can find everything you need to know about making a fairy garden here.

So step into our magical world, and play with the garden fairies! Faerie Blessings x

Thursday 4 February 2010

How to Attract Fairies to Your Garden

Yesterday I talked about choosing a design for your garden. Today, I'm going to get you thinking about how to attract fairies to your garden!

Once you have chosen your initial design, you will undoubtedly be thinking...
  • What flowers do I plant?
  • What can I put in my garden that is appealing to fairies?
  • Do I put out statues of fairies or do they not like that?
  • What can I do to make my garden fairy-friendly?
Of course, where there are flowers, there will be fairies. But the number of fairies in your garden depends on how natural it is (chemicals equals poorly fairies!!), how well you tend your plants, and whether you truly care about your garden.

 
Copyright JupiterImages Corporation
Fairies are fiercely protective of the natural world, so anything you do to help protect Mother Nature will bring fairies into your garden in leaps and bounds, as they will be delighted to have found a human who is kind to the planet. Organic gardening, helping wildlife, feeding the birds and not using pesticides all help to attract fairies in abundance.

If you want to know more, I recommend reading the advice on the page How to Attract Fairies to your Garden. This is an excellent resource and will give you lots of ideas. 

Something I get asked about a lot is how to see fairies. Tomorrow, I will explain more on this topic! 
In the meantime, don't forget to check out the wonderful makeafairygarden.com!

Faerie Blessings x

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic lens, I have gained a great insight into making my garden a welcoming place for Fearies which I know my young Daughter will love.

    ReplyDelete